Thursday, July 28, 2011

Haunted Mansion

Back in February my husband and I needed a get-away-from-the-stresses-of-life vacation, and headed to Disneyland (our last time without the kids).  I had just bought my first DSLR, and decided that I would bring along my tripod and see if I could get a few good pictures of the Haunted Mansion to hang up for Halloween.  

Here is the original shot that I took:

BEFORE
Yeah I know...pretty bad.  It was so dark, and believe me when I say I was lucky to get a shot without people in it!

It definitely needed some help in order to be frame-able.  In March I finished my first edit of this picture...and boy I'm new at this photoshop stuff, so it took a VERY long time!  I had good intentions to edit it again to see if I could get a different look that I liked better, but I never could work up the energy...so this will have to do for this year.

 AFTER
 This haunted mansion picture will reside in a 16x20 frame above my "testing" ledge.  
I would prefer it didn't reside in anyone else's home for now, so please DO NOT COPY.

I especially thought the super-imposed moon and fog were nice touches.  :)


Here are two other photos that will be hung up in various places around the house:


This one is a bit on the blurry side, so it will have to be a small 4x6.

 I admit I am itching to go back to Disneyland now that I know a few more things about my DSLR.  But for now these pictures will suffice.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...