Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Witch Silhouettes {free printables}

  I finally completed one of my favorite projects for this year...my witch silhouette wall!


  If you ask me, Halloween decor isn't complete without a few ladies in black!


I had a lot of inspiration for this project.  The first one came from Out of the Attic.  She is another witch lover like me, and I have gotten a ton of ideas from her decorations.  She had these lovely witches above her coat hooks that I just loved:


My other inspiration came from a shop on Etsy.  She had the most darling witch silhoette for sale:


At first I wanted to just copy her silhouette directly because it was so darn cute, but I decided to just use it purely as inspiration and make my silhouettes completely my own.  That way I could feel a little better about sharing my drawings. Yes, I'm going to share!  You can find the PDF's to download at the end of this post.

So to start my project, I printed out my scanned picture of my witches.  I used the darling Nessarose as my example (each of my silhouettes has a name).  There are many different mediums you can use to create silhouettes, but I chose the paper route.



 I cut out her out and traced her with a pencil on black paper.  I found it helpful to use a little bit of adhesive or tape to keep the stencil from moving around too much.



 Then I cut out Nessarose in black, and used my spooky damask paper and white oval from last year.  Isn't she a beauty?



And then of course I repeated the process for her sisters. I love how they turned out!



Time to make your own!  Feel free to print these out and see what you can do.














Sorry Zelda.  I didn't fit you into the decor this year, but since I had a baby in April there will be another frame up here for you in time for next year.  :)





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the printables! I am trying to get everything up this week so this helps speed up the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!! So much fun. Halloween is one of my favorites too. :) I am pinning this. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...