The Halloween decorating tour continues!
Hopefully there will be at least something useful someone can glean from this display. It's not much, but I'm grateful to get to show off my hard work (we don't get many real life visitors around here!).
First up is the basement doorway framed in black cheesecloth. I hung two battery operated candlesticks from the ceiling with fishing line so it looks like they are floating on their own. Fun and VERY inexpensive. Someday I will do my whole upstairs hallway with these dangling down.
Next up are the bats. The bat template can be found here at Country Living. This idea has been around for many years now and is one of my favorite ways to decorate...especially since you can get black felt for so cheap! I found that they stay up well enough if you use painter's tape, and it won't damage your walls. I added my own idea of having some bats hanging upside down from the shelf. Adds a nice touch, I think.
Okay so this owl isn't technically in the stairwell, but he fits right in with the bats so I thought I'd throw it in real quick. I created this owl and branch myself (much easier said than done) and if I have time (and if I remember) I will scan the template and give it out for people to use if they want.
The Haunted Mansion picture wall has been my dream for several years now...so I am grateful that it has finally become a reality! (click here for the Haunted Mansion picture story).
Everything for this was inexpensively done. Cobwebs, raven, moss, black spooky cloth, and gargoyles from the dollar store; candlesticks and vase from the thrift store; black roses ($1 each) and LED votive candles (two-pack for $3.50) from Walmart. I already had the frame, so the most expensive item was the Haunted Mansion picture itself ($15, including shipping, after applying a LOT of promo codes online). Not too shabby!
Some close ups:
I have these silhouettes of my kiddos hanging up year round, but I freshened them up with new black and orange damask paper for the background. The spider came in a two-pack from the dollar store. I just hung it up with painter's tape and attached it to a string (taken from the dollar store spooky cloth).
The finished product:
Not too bad! Now on to the rest of the house!