Saturday, September 17, 2011

Haunted Foyer

After a week and a half the decorations are almost completely up!  Here is the front entryway in all its haunted glory...


Hooray!  The candelabra is finally finished!  All cozy in the corner with a raven for a friend.


 Next up is the captured raven (at least he is quiet about it) atop two very old books (circa 1940) found at a thrift store.  If you haven't noticed, I am loving the moss this year.  You will find it everywhere.


 I coined my own potion company (Goin G. Batty Ingredients) and made up some Witch's brew labels.  I got the idea for the label names here on etsy...there are some great ideas on there.  Must give credit where credit is due!  :)  I mod-podged the labels onto some bottles and wa-la...instant decoration.  Some day I will liven them up with a bit of twine around the top...but until then they still look pretty snazzy.


Add a yard sale candle stick and it's not a bad collection!


 Now, I couldn't very well get the Haunted Mansion look without a taper candle wall sconce.   I'd be delighted to find about 10 more of these to put up around the house!  The LED taper candles were found at Real Deals (look for one near you...they are the greatest discount home decor store ever).  They were in the half off section and only cost me a little over a dollar each.  You will also find these all over my house this year.


 You may recognize my "homely to haunted" mirror, with a fresh coating of spider webs.


 Can't forget those dang dollar store rodents skirting around the edges.


(peeking from behind my Kmart witch's broom)

And last but not least...little miss spider hangs out up above.


Now with the lights off and candles on...


Oh how I wish that this was how my front entry looked all year long.  *sigh*


I will continue the decoration tour on Monday.  Get ready for some fun stuff!



1 comment:

  1. debbie, you have a problem! hahaha! i love, love, LOVE this blog!!! i have the same infatuation for DI as you for general decorating of my home. that's actually my fav thing about living in the SL valley - a million bazillion DI's! it's my sat morning ritual. can't believe some of the cool projects you've put together. your decorations are so cute & professionally done! looks awsome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...