Thursday, November 17, 2011

All the Rest

 All that is left of the 2011 decorations tour are all the various shelves laden with random decor.  These areas actually stay pretty similar from year to year without much deviation...so I'll just lay it all out there.  There is an overriding Witch theme since all these shelves are in the same room.

The Broom Closet
I printed out the words with an ancient-looking digital scrapbooking background, and mod-podged it to a wooden board.  Very simple, and yet it is one of my favorite decorations.


At first I felt a little sorry for the ledge above the broom closet because it was the last to be decorated, and all the good decorations had already been used up.  Until I remembered that I never got to do my apothecary/haunted bookshelf this year, and that all the items for that display were still sitting in the basement.  So up they went! (a portion of them, at least)
 So I guess this shelf is an unofficial preview of how the hutch will be decorated next year (or whenever I get around to refinishing it).


The other upper ledge (I pretty much just kept the usual decorations I had up there, but just gave it a Halloween flair).


The twin brown shelves
 These shelves are a place for me to put all my random witch nick-nacks.


The top of the entertainment center
 Again, just a bunch of random witch items I have collected.  I have plans to give out a free printable of the Wicked Witch of the East Death Certificate sometime in the next year, after I have made sure there are no copyright issues.


And last but not least...my witch shoe sign.

And that's about all folks!  I will likely take a brief hiatus during the Christmas season (yes, I do enjoy other holidays besides Halloween!).  But come January I will be going full throttle with a lot of fun new Halloween ideas for 2012.  Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...