Monday, August 1, 2011

The Apothecary

One of my new projects for this year is The Apothecary.   There is just something so spooky about a bookshelf/desk full of cobweb-covered and dusty bottles, books, candles, and other aging knick-knacks.

 (this is all I got out for my apothecary last Halloween...the top part of the hutch was in the middle of being refinished)

While I'm waiting for my refinished hutch to be completed (hmmm...I might want to dedicate some time to that...September is getting closer...) I spend my time collecting knick-knacks (of course) and looking for inspirational ideas and photos online.  Here are a few of my favorites:


You can't go wrong with Love Manor.


I love the piles of books and the bust.  I also think that portrait is hanging in the haunted mansion at Disneyland...where did he get that!?!

I also was able to glean some ideas from this picture of Martha's:

(marthastewart.com)

These two lovely pictures from Better Home and Gardens also gave me a few ideas:



(lovin' the old trunk and spiderwebs)

And I found a worthy-of-imitation Halloween mantel at Mod Vintage Life Go check it out!

I have yet to see if I have the skills to turn my hutch into something worthy of these ideas, but I relish the challenge.

More Apothecary ideas to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...